Whichever nation a Ford vehicle is sold, the Ford Transit positions among its greatest merchants. The Transit as of late included its 50th commemoration inside which time it has solidified itself as a standout amongst the most prevalent business vehicles.
A portion of the less referred to actualities about this vehicle are as per the following:
In 1972 London’s Metropolitan Police supplemented by calling it “England’s most needed van.”
Scotland Yard once portrayed the Transit as the “immaculate escape vehicle” used in “95 percent of bank assaults”.
On October 1985, Sen’or Garcia, was gotten by a monstrosity snowstorm exactly 3000 meters up a mountain pass. He was compelled to desert his Ford Transit. The vehicle was therefore covered under five meters of snow and couldn’t be recovered. Over a half year later Garcia came back to that place and he was astonished to find that the Transit’s bodywork was just marginally harmed and the Transit began up at the main attempt and right away, he could drive it securely back home!
- Steve Matthews used his Transit to jump more than 15 old cars. The main changes included expelling of windows and gaffer taping the entryways and hood.
- While moving two child elephants at London Zoo in 1965, handlers swung to their Transit to take care of business.
- It went more than 7,500 miles in the Sahara desert.
- The main Ford Transit was worked at Langley, Berks in 1965.
- Passage took £33 million of Ford Transit arranges before the generation began.
- At the point when the Ford Transit was being worked on, its name was given as Project Redcap.
- Teacher Reyner Banham once stated, “If anthropologists and archeologists keep on demanding assessing civilisations by their curios, we have the right to be recalled by the Ford Transit.”
- Clarkson drove a Transit float van up the River Avon on Top Gear.
- One out of each four vans sold in the UK is a Ford Transit.
- A Czech driver, driving a Ford Transit once grumbled in light of the fact that his odometer, ceased at 999,999km.
- The 1 ton Transit Custom was named “Worldwide Van of the Year” and was the principal van in its class to get a 5 star security rating.
- 48 understudies from Barking College close London set a record by crushing themselves into a Transit minibus in 1965.
- The 2006 Transit, is the main van ever to offer a front-wheel drive, raise wheel drive or canny all-wheel drive (AWD) framework, the best of frosty winter conditions.
- The Ford Transit was used to carry out support take a shot at Swiss railroads. It was distinguished that the separation between its front wheels would effortlessly enable it to keep running on the rail tracks.
- Natural life superintendents used 1970 Transits to visit the grounds at the Woburn Abbey Safari Park in the UK.
- A few Transits went through their whole time on earth range working down in a salt mine in Cheshire, England. It used to transport individuals and explosives through miles of passages.
- In 1985 some Ford understudies from Dunton fabricated a drifting Transit to participate in the yearly pontoon race at Southend, Essex.